L&D forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Employee refuses to watch LGBT training video

Notify me of new replies via email
Learning and development | 12 Sep 2016, 02:46 PM Agree 0
One worker is on the verge of being sacked after an incident involving routine diversity training.
  • Ready2030 | 12 Sep 2016, 04:13 PM Agree 0
    Everyone knows the LGBT lobby is controlled by feminism, which hates men. So why should any man be forced to be brainwashed by the LGBT agenda
  • KCHR | 12 Sep 2016, 04:14 PM Agree 0
    Tricky situation! We all have the right to our views and to say 'no' to somethings that go against our beliefs! I find this situation perplexing for that reason!
  • | 12 Sep 2016, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    This is a good example of non-inclusive work environment. We have to respect all of our people, not only the so called minorities. Would the company be as adamant on forcing the employee to watch this video if that employee was Muslim and also refused? This is against their religion too and I think it's OK.
    Take individual approach, discuss with employee the purpose of this training and, as soon as there are no discrimination activities from that employee, do not discriminate either! Make exceptions, be inclusive, respect everyone.
Post a reply