L&D forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to create a mentoring culture

Notify me of new replies via email
Learning and development | 27 Oct 2015, 05:42 PM Agree 0
Focusing on mentoring at the expense of authority is at the heart of what Kim Shepherd's company Decision Toolbox does. L&D professionals can learn a lot from this approach.
  • Rebecca | 29 Oct 2015, 12:28 PM Agree 0
    Wow - a love fest environment? Sounds like an interesting place to work... I'm definitely intrigued........
  • Jenny | 29 Oct 2015, 08:11 PM Agree 0
    I like this idea. Well done for thinking outside the box.
  • Jess | 02 Nov 2015, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    Mentoring is the way of the future, to my mind. It's something that's not just beneficial to employees, but also to the mentors themselves and the company as a whole.
  • Aderin | 09 Nov 2015, 02:21 PM Agree 0
    I fully endorse the outcome that you are driving for, but are you to some extent confusing mentoring with coaching. A key challenge for organisations wishing to implement mentoring is in clearly defining the purpose and acknowledging that the mentoring process is a key component of the mentors KPIs. If an individual's performance as an internal mentor [one who works for the same organisation as the mentee] is not linked to their overall performance and reviewed regularly the overall mentoring process will quickly fade, benefiting only a few self starters. Mentoring works and it is important to remember you can have more than one mentor inside and outside the organisation you work for.
Post a reply