L&D forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The one ingredient in e-learning that people often forget

Notify me of new replies via email
Learning and development | 29 Oct 2015, 11:49 AM Agree 0
This organisation is going beyond the standard e-learning roll out. This includes ensuring employees can access support easily.
  • RogerD | 29 Oct 2015, 01:59 PM Agree 0
    That's a very good point - here in our offices we sometimes forget that not everyone has access to computers. In my role we are definitely still committed to more traditional methods of training. Technology is not everything.
  • Fitzy | 29 Oct 2015, 08:05 PM Agree 0
    I think it's important to use a variety of technologies to engage with the workforce. E-learning is one necessary component of this, but there are many others which are important to cater for a diverse audience.
  • Elizabeth | 01 Nov 2015, 07:32 PM Agree 0
    E-learning is definitely both an effective and efficient way of developing the workforce. Who know what this is going to look like ten or even two year's time?
  • Tom | 01 Nov 2015, 08:20 PM Agree 0
    It doesn't matter how good e-learning is (or becomes), person to person learning should never be abandoned altogether.
  • ed bernacki | 18 Nov 2015, 11:25 AM Agree 1
    Having looked at a lot of the 'e-learning' initiatives, I realized that we are making a big assumption that learning happens. The more appropriate name should be, 'e-teaching'. Perhaps this would push the industry and the academics to go much deeper to make the 'teaching' more effective to ensure learning happens.
Post a reply