L&D forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Why so many people lie about their training history

Notify me of new replies via email
Learning and development | 07 Dec 2015, 01:17 PM Agree 0
A surprising new survey shows revealing insights into why workers are lying about L&D.
  • Rupert | 07 Dec 2015, 02:42 PM Agree 0
    I told the truth in an interview which made me look worse that I might have otherwise but I am sure telling the truth got me the job.
    At an interview for my first position as a graduate the manager congratulated me on getting a Distinction for Maths. I had to admit that the "D" on my transcript was not for a "Distinction" but for "Done that don't have to do it again"

The manager was I am fairly sure setting a "trap" for me to fall into. If I had said that it was a Distinction I am sure he would have known that it was a lie and that I would not have been successful in getting the job.

The reason he was able to so easily set this trap was that 1/2 my transcript had P, C, D HD, and the other 1/2 of the transcript was makes using A,B,C,D,E,F which allowed him to have possibly been genuinely confused but close reading would have shown that the D was in that case not a Distinction.
Post a reply